Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Jolly Good, Sven

I'm a dinosaur because I do not own a laptop. I work from home, so I have no real need for one. I could borrow my husband's laptop (and often do....oooh baby, is that your hard drive or are you just happy to see me? Here, let me mount your local network....) OK, OK, enough of that....

This poses a problem when trying to blog on the road. And I'm going on the road. Actually, first I'll be in the air and then on the road -- to London and Stockholm. We're all accompanying my husband on a business trip. Yes, I know that these are first-world countries with WiFi, but I have two kids to contend with and WhineFi up the wazoo. So you see, I may be able to log in and blog while I'm away, but I wouldn't count on it. So much technology, so little downtime.

Anyway, it's not like the world will be waiting with bated breath because NOBODY EVER COMMENTS ON MY POSTS (hint hint) unlike those other wildly popular blogs (sniff, sniff).

We were in London two years ago, but this is our first time in Sweden. I'm gleefully awaiting the looks on my daughters' faces when they see the variety of smoked fish at the breakfast buffet. My husband and I placed bets on which one says, "Eeeeewww, that's disgusting" first. I have my money on the younger one. Ah, yes....herring -- it's not just for breakfast anymore...

OK, I've got to get back to my enormous checklists and yell at my kids yet again to pick up the Valentine chocolate wrappers scattered throughout the living room. I take comfort in one thing: my kids are now too old for car seats, diapers, strollers, and coloring books. They are content to sit and read, quietly, by themselves. Which means I will be able to sit next to my husband on the flight and actually have adult conversation! Damn, what a concept!

See you bloggers in March, when I've had my fill of tea, scones, and herring.

No comments: