Sunday, January 09, 2005

Ooooh, zeh zeh

I can be such a slacker.

It's almost 3 a.m. and I should be asleep. I'm actually rather sleep-deprived these days and I really need the extra sleep. Yet, here I am -- all wound up, brimming with ideas, and unwilling to settle down. Bad, bad girl.

I'm a night person. Always have been. Get some of my best ideas after 11 p.m. I'm trying to be creative when the sun is up, but somehow it is harder to do that unless I'm really caught up in something.

Being a night person is not compatible with being a parent. Because even on the weekends I have to wake up early to take one of my kids someplace for something. And if you're up until 3 a.m., getting up at 7 might be a tad difficult.

Here's a tip: if you've been up until 3 a.m. and the alarm gets you out of bed at 7, DO NOT look in the mirror until at least 10. Take my word on this.

Thankfully, tomorrow is Sunday and I can sleep in.

My husband and younger daughter are in Utah, skiing. It's their nifty little father-daughter ski weekend. And my older daughter and I are having our mother-daughter sleep-late-hang-out-and-maybe-go-to-the-mall weekend. Which so far has mostly consisted of sleeping late and hanging out. It has been raining buckets and neither of us is very motivated. Oh god, I'm raising a little slacker. I'd better be careful.

I spent this evening happily watching a movie while doing my boring painful shoulder exercises, followed by the exercise bike and the Nordic Trak. I drank a lot of water. How's that for knocking down a bunch of New Year's resolutions all in one shot, eh?

Then I watched the movie again with the commentary on. I love watching the commentary on a good film. You learn so much about how the film was made, not to mention insights on the actors and how they did their scenes. All that technical stuff fascinates me. For example, I love watching The Matrix Revisited because it shows you how all those special effects were done. Yeah, I can be such a geek sometimes. And acting...I think acting is fascinating. I'm actually going to satisfy my acting jones a bit in a Parks and Rec class that starts next week-- it's a class on improv. I'm really looking forward to it. I plan to improv my little heart out.

...and the Boomtown Rats in my head sing....
Up all night....oooh zeh zeh....oooh, staying up all night...



- - click- -



No comments: